Emajõe Aed 2.0 is a permaculture community garden created and maintained by MTÜ Majakas (a non-profit organization) in cooperation with Tartu city government. The aim of the garden is to add to city biodiversity and introduce permaculture and the possibilities of urban gardening to people.
The garden is open to visitors and organizes community work events and other happenings. It's also possible to become a community gardener. From 2023, it's also possible to have personal garden beds (up to 4 m2). It is a good place to grow food according to permaculture principles and meet people who share a vision of a biologically diverse Tartu.
Follow our Facebook page for information about upcoming events in the garden!
There are several ways to participate in Emajõe garden activities.
1. As a full member / community gardener, if you want to participate in the activities and development of the garden more regularly and for a longer period. Read more about this role and how to apply below (option nr 1).
2. As a partial member / personal garden bed member, if you want to grow plants in the garden for personal use. You can rent up to 4 m2 of garden space. Read more about this role and how to apply for a personal garden bed, below (option nr 2).
3. As a supporting member, if you want to be a part of our family and support our goals by paying the membership fee, but you don't have the opportunity to join the community events and you don't want a personal garden bed. Read more about this role and how to apply below (option nr 3).
4. As a volunteer, if you want to occasionally help out at the garden or take part of workshops and other events in the garden. Follow us on Facebook to see information about public events in the garden or join the FB group Emajõe garden's volunteers and friends.
5. As a visitor, if you want to